james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Holiday entitlements? Manager, Employees, Breaks

Customer Question

Hi holiday entitlements?
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Manager
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Employees
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Breaks
Expert:  james bruce replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.
How my I assist?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are all employees entitled to 28 days holiday per year

The actual holiday entitlement is 5.6 weeks holiday.

For full time workers on a 5 day week this would indeed be 28 days.

Part time workers still receive 5.6 weeks holiday but that could be lesser days.

I have attached the government page explaining and calculating this this for you.

Some employers will give more holidays, or allow bank holidays as extra days, but they do not have to. The 28 days for full time employees can include bank holidays.

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.