Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I am.to.accept a settlement offer on Monday. Iys not a good

Customer Question

I am.to.accept a settlement offer on Monday. Iys not a good offer. My employers refuse to.negotiate. if I have evidence to negotiate a better offer can I send it to them.or discuss it with them. Accepting this also.terminayes my contract and I am unemployed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Are you negotiating through acas? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
but Acas are just advising and not fighting my corner. I don't know where to go. Then yesterday receive an email that I have to accept the offer by Monday or it will be reduced due to their legal fees
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. The first thing to remember is that settlement offers are entirely voluntary and you cannot force the employer to make you a better offer, even if you have a very strong case. You can of course provide them with further details about what you believe makes your case stronger and that may prompt them to reconsider their position and their current offer, but it is not guaranteed that it will have a difference and all you an do is try.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Even though I have not done anything wrong and they want to get rid of me and make the deputy the manager. Hypothetically speaking, they tried to access my work computer without my consent or knowledge and then asks to use the pc after 6.00pm prompting me to give him the password. Also from a very reliable source i ahev been advised that they want to get rid of me as I have to do as I am told.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

You may have the best case that has ever existed with the best evidence, but that still does not mean they have to even consider settling with you or making you a better offer. So it does not make any difference unfortunately, the final outcome is still up to them.