SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have been medically repaired in my full time job after 32

I have been medically repaired in my full time job after 32 years service. However, st the same time I was worked part time in weekend in a different job with the same local authority. I have done that job 27 years. In my second job they made me redundant and give a employee pension as I was completed 55 years. I would like to know I am I eligible to get medically retaired
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have spoken to them at the time of redundancy.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am not working due to my medical condition. I am on Dialysis 3 times a week at hospital.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like to know will I able to medically retire in my second job? Even though I am getting a small pension from them.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, I will Waite to get a response. Hope it won’t take too long. Thanks

Hi welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and I have been asked to respond to your question. I should revert to your shortly.

Hi, thank you for your patience. If you have accepted the redundancy and pension from the second job did you mean to asj if you can get medically retired from your main job? Your question seems to asking both for the second job. If you have accepted redundnacy and earl retirement and are receiving your pension from the second job then you cannot also get medical retirement from the same job. Any clarification of your facts or my response please do not hesitate to send your message Always glad to assist. All the best.

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am already medically retired from the main job and getting pension from the employer. What I am asking is about my second job which they made me redundant and getting small pension. I would like to know can I ask my Employer to medically retire me on my second job. My both job Employer was same local authority. however, the job was in different department and completely different jobs.

Hi, thank you for your message, if they are two completely separate employment contracts running parallel then you can request for the second job.