SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have a question regarding payments I believe my employer

Customer Question

Hello, I have a question regarding payments I believe my employer should have processed, but they didn't. Could you pls help?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am full-time employed currently on furlough
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Note: I have been on furlough since March 2020, but since February 2021 my employer has given me a max of 2h per week to work. These hours are supposedly paid 100%.
The point where I want to get to is understand the logic behind the salaries that I have received. It seems to me that I have earned significantly less since February, that is when I have started working sporadically for my company while on furlough.
Please see here below:
1– details of my salary
2 – a full list of salaries that I have received form March 202 to April 2021
3 – the number of extra hours I have worked from Feb1) Salary details (source: (according to https://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/prorata.php )
• Yearly pro rata salary: £32,000.000
• Monthly take home salary (after tax): £2118
• Daily take home (after tax): £ 97.78
• Hourly take home (after tax): £13.85, based on the 35h per week on contract.
• Monthly take home salary (after tax) while on furlough: £ 1,755.84
• To salaries since March 2020 till today2) List of salaries from March 2020 to today
• From March 2020 to July 2020: £2031
• August 2020: £1819
• Sept - Nov 2020: £1689
• December: £1906
• Jan 2021: £1690
• Feb 2021: £1738
• Mar 2021: £1708
• Apr 2021: £16553) Number of hours worked from Feb to end of April
• Feb: 4h
• Mar: 9h
• Apr: 9hCould you pls let me know if they have underpaid me?
I am particularly interested in the last 3 months.
I hope this information is not too much to digest, let me know if you can help.
Thanks a lot
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 10 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I have been asked to review your questions. I am not sure if you had the data in a table format and when it has been sent to me it is not in the table and is quite difficult to follow. As a general point however if your contracted hours of employment have not been varied and you are on the furlough scheme and your employer has been needing you to come in on some days to work (which is allowed since the second lock down) your net income should not be different, you should earn what you were earning last year and unless you agreed to your pay being varied in writing you should claim the short fall as unlawfull deduction from wages. Any clarification please do not hesitate to send your follow up message. All the best.