SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I am a software developer, my boss has said to me that if

I am a software developer, my boss has said to me that if any of the developments that i do for the company projects contains a failure or breaks anything on the existing systems when we release it, only him will be liable, and the company wont be able to claim money from me, my question is, is that true? Or i could be liable too? If he reviews alls my work after i finish it before we release it

Good afternoon. Welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and I have reviewed your question. The express terms and conditions of your contract will dictate whether you will be liable, If you are an employee as opposed to an independent contractor then what he has said should be true. Your contract of employment may put liability on you if it is found that the cause of the issue was negligence on your part but please check the specific wording of your contract to ensure any exclusions are clear Any clarification do not hesitate to send your follow up message. All the best.

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Contract of employment does not say anything about this
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It just says company reserves the right to give further instructions in regards ***** ***** and tasks and that i would report to solutions architect
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
that i may be required to work in other countries

You are an employee and therefore what you do in work if you get it wrong not maliciously your employer will be responsible by vicarious liability, So your boss would be right,

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yea i know that but i mean for example if my work is to develop nrw features into existing company systems, and i develop a feature and they launch it in production. And the feature breaks something in the existing system. So the boss might tell that i did negligence by not developing the feature with the proper care but i could say that he reviees all the featurrs before launching them to production so its his fault noy mibe. The problem is that by time to time he might not review and ask me to review it myself and not give me the proper time to review it well.

Hi, the bot***** *****ne is that you are not an independent contractor if they do not give you the relevant support and let you review your own work before launch then that will be your defence. If you have not been negligent you defend any claim that you have been you cannot stop them from alleging that you have been negligent and I can't say to you they won't but your issue should be if you have not been negligent but there are still issues will I be personally liable and the answer is No