How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Laywer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 3038
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

Dear, I was hired from Trade Team Recruitment Ltd, but of

This answer was rated:

Hello dear, I was hired from Trade Team Recruitment Ltd, but of the end of the first working day they told me that the client had cancelled the further work. I registered with the accounting agency they work with/ Prime UK Solution/ but they have been lying to me for three weeks and they only promise to pay, but today told me that without payslip they can’t pay me and I have to go look for someone to give me a signed payslip ?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I talked to the agents only.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Self employed
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have a correspondence with the agent where he promises and lies.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Thank you for the question.   If you are self employed then you do not require a pay slip you should simply provide them with an invoice for the work you have done.  However if they are requiring that you have a slip but are unable to furnish you with one, they cannot legally simply not pay you.  Obviously the first thing to do is to attempt to get the slip so that you can receive your money due to you.  However if you exhaust everything and they are refusing to pay you then you could (if self employed) raise a small claims action against them for the sums due to you.

You can complete the forms for a small claims action easily online.  You will have to highlight what the issues are and tell them how much you are claiming for, to be honest the first are straight forward and self-explanatory.   If you feel you can do this yourself then you don’t really need to hire a solicitor but I will provide details for you in case you feel you want to.  You will then receive a response to the claim and a court date.  On the day (unless they offer a settlement) you will appear at the local court and basically provide your evidence and give you claim to the judge and they will response.  The judge will assess the merits of the claim and defence and make a judgement this should be relatively easy for you to prove so the respondent may well offer a settlement in the meantime.

I hope this information has helped.  You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the  future,  please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you