Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I need to see if my ex employer has breached a

I need to see if my ex employer has breached a confidentiality agreement

Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

I am sorry to hear about this. Can you please let me know why you believe that your ex employer is breaching the NDA?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I went through ACAS regarding a bullying /mental health discrimination and was paid out. We signed a confidentiality agreement. I have been told and got a statement that the manager told two other members off staff that I got paid out. Is this a breach of the confidentiality? I emailed the director and told I should not listen to tittle tattle!

If the confidentiality agreement clearly stated that your employer is not allowed to share any settlement details with other staff members and you have proof that they shared it nevertheless - then it seems to me that they have breached their confidentiality obligations under the agreement.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried to send a copy of the agreement have you seen it?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The amount was not discussed but she clearly stated that I received a payout.

I haven't. If you want me to review your NDA this would be part of a premium service which is payable. I do not think you need this though.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The director is trying To say it was a lucky guess!

You need a solid evidence to prove the breach.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a written statement from one of the persons that it was said too.

But you could send a formal letter stating your sources and notify them they you believe they have breached the NDA and informal they you are considering taking legal action.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any follow up questions. I will be happy to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I sent an email when I found out as courtesy and to see if this could be resolved without taking the legal round. I have now said I will leave it with a solicitor but i wanted to find out if I had a case or not.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

You did the right thing! Let's see what they say following your formal notification.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have not responded. I will look into the premium package and hopefully you will be able to help me out if possible. I appreciate your help in this matter.

I have sent you an offer.