MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I work within a small team and it has been said the team is

Customer Question

Hi, I work within a small team and it has been said the team is under performing and been instructed to return to the office instead of working from home. We are to have a meeting with senior mgrs but only a few have been invited to this meeting to discuss how things can be improved. I'm not sure what my rights are. Thanks.
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: We received an email requesting us to go back into the office with immediate effect
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Just employees
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I work part time in an admin and tel based role
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for the confirmation my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Does your contract provide that you work remotely of are you based at an office?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello, I am contracted to normally work at the office but the whole office was sent to work from home due to pandemic. We have been going in one day a week on a rota recently until we were told to return back as our working pattern

Please note that the request for a call incurs a further fee, if you are happy to provide the same then I will arrange a call with you. If not I will be happy to continue to assist you by provididng a written response.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok, I'm happy to continue by text but can I ask if my £44 will be refunded? Thanks.

If you contact customer services they will be happy to refund the same.

The starting point is that if your employment contract allows it (which appears to be the case), your employer can ask you to return to the office.

If you wish to remain working from home you may wish to put forward a  formal request for the same however there is no legal obligation to grant this request.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok, thank you for this. We are to have a meeting with my mgr, another senior mgr and CEO but not the whole team, to discuss how to improve. Should I be concerned about this meeting?

Is this meeting a disciplinary or a team meeting?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
There is no mention of it being a disciplinary only a staff away morning for an hour in the office.

Then I do not think this should be something you should be overly concerned with, it is in the company's best interests to investigate the reasons for a teams under-performance, it may be something that the company could resolve.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok, thank you. I will see how it goes and any outcomes. Thanks for your help.

Glad to be off assistance I wish you all the best.