Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Contract law

Contract law

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Ben,
Can a party to a contract for service enforce the contract if the date of performance is within the cooling off period but the performance falls through and the other party wants to cancel the contract outside the coiling off period?

My apologies, I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

So in essence there is a cooling off period to withdraw from the agreement but they failed to perform during that period or to cancel before the end of the cooling off period?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
then no they cannot withdraw after that. If it’s to perform a specific task you need to go to court for specific performance. I trust this assists
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney