How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 13933
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I GOT SCAM I have investing 25000 with

This answer was rated:

I GOT SCAM I have investing 25000 with after when I contacted Complaint department they told me that the Account Manager is not from Squaredfinancial so I will like to Press Charges against Squaredfinancial non Regulating Broker And Account Manager because this is Fraud I invest with Squaredfinancial 25000Euro I should have a regulated account Manager from square financial and regulated broker that are employees of square financial because I contacted complaint department they confirmed to me that those persons which I dealt with are not employees of squared financial so this is illegal and a serious matter because squared financial is responsible for this. Also they gave me advice on what to invest by regulation they are not allowed to do that only competitive person which are employed may give financial advice how is it possible that squared financial allows 2unknown people that they pretend they are account manager financial adviser and broker. When I asked the live support chat they told me they are just affiliated partners with squared financial that introduce squared financial broker and affiliated partner are just getting commission on the clients trades. But as I mentioned above when I contacted the financial service authority those people dont exist at all, with square financial not even the broker so I want to press charges on squared financial and their affiliated partners.Hire is the  Proof  Link Conversation with Squaredfinancial customer service

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today.
Sorry to hear of the issue. I will set out my written answer shortly.

I have checked and that trading company is not authorised according to the Financial Conduct Authority (the FCA). The law changed in 2020 and if they are to take your money as an EU citizen they must be authorised - to not obtain authorisation means they have acted illegally.

Therefore I am almost certain this is a scam and they have just taken your money.

The first thing to do is to report this to your local Garda Station - you say you want to press charges and you will therefore need to contact the Gardai to do so.

Once you have done that then see if your bank or credit card company can do a charge-back on the monies as a lot of these trading companies are not legitimate outfits. If you paid with a credit card you may be able to make a claim against the card provider under the consumer credit laws. If you paid by debit card then your bank may be subscribed to the consumer voluntary code to refund you if you have been scammed. The bank can charge-back up to 120 days from the date you sent money or paid money to a scammer, or from the date you first noticed the problem.

In future my advice is to check whether the trading company is FCA-regulated first of all to ensure they are legitimate. You can check here :

The FCA website has a list of regulated companies so this would be worth checking. If you prefer to speak to the FCA then they can be reached on +44(###) ###-####

If there is no record, I would urge caution and do not give them your personal details, nor any money. The reason being if they are unregulated, there is nothing the FCA can do and in all likelihood the company is based abroad so suing them would be difficult if you wanted your money back. Most of these companies also ask for the initial 250 payment up front and tempt you to add more funds only for them to become non-responsive when you ask to withdraw.

There are a few companies who can claim to retrieve monies taken by a scammer but in reality they are also scams - the first scammer sells your data to another scammer. Once a scammer has the money it would be very difficult to sue them (most of them being based abroad) and even if you obtained a CCJ against them, enforcing it is another matter.

You can try any of these regulated law firms to see if they can recover the money for you:

They should be able to help you with a no win no fee agreement so that you do not have to pay anything up front to them. These are regulated law firms in the UK but they should have no issue acting for you if you are in ROI.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,


Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Please. Check this link the company is regulated
The employee that I deal with are not from the company please have a look at that video and let me know what should I do

They are not regulated, I have checked the FCA database - they are not regulated at all.

I have set out what you should do above so please let me know if anything is unclear, thanks.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is not regulated

Thanks, ***** ***** unregulated. See for yourself here:

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Please contact my Number
353(###) ###-####

Sorry, I can't take a call - you have paid for a Q&A written answer. A call is optional - if you click the call request it goes out to all experts and one of them should be able to speak to you.
Have a good day.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks very much ❤❤❤

No problem, thanks

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I will press the Call is only 51€

Thanks, ***** ***** say, I'm not available so if you press it, another expert will call you. Thanks

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Reference number: 788360
This firm is regulated in another European Economic Area (EEA) country and can offer certain products or services in the UK. The firm must meet minimum standards agreed across all EEA countries. It’s important to check the full record for what activities this firm can do in the UK. they are regulated

They only have temporary permission and they are based in Cyprus too, meaning if things go wrong you have little comeback.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks very much all my Respect for you

My pleasure, have a good day.

Customer: replied 17 days ago. Please. Check this link if company is regulated

They are not on the FCA register, I have just checked for you. I would not do business with them as a result.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
How can I see a company affiliation partners
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Because I want to see squaredfinancial affiliating partners
You’d have to ask the FCA on +44(###) ###-#### Thanks
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help I will do that
My pleasure
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please  have look at this

Thanks, ***** ***** you have created a video to highlight the scam, etc. I cannot really comment upon that though for any more questions over what we covered on 5th June could you please post them in a new thread, many thanks,

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
You can Coment here so I will copy because you know the law and I will post it on my video comment
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
you explain by applying the law of each question of his email
Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I have answered the question from 5th June. I can't speak to the owner of that website, sorry. This is an internet forum and not a law firm, we cannot act for you.
If you have further questions could you please post in a new thread, thanks

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
how can I do this

If you ask customer services as I am just a lawyer who answer legal questions. You can ask them by email :***@******.*** or customer services can be contacted here:

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hey I don't know how to do that can I pay this €51 for the call
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (57VT456)

I will ask customer services to help with this, thanks

JimLawyer and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I did already ia call second opinion

Thanks, ***** ***** seen it - I am not currently available so another expert may pick it up to help you further

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok I hope someone will

They will do, thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello sir nobody reply what can I do