NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  -Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

I want to sue the hospital in which I work and the

I want to sue the hospital in which I work and the management and the UK government for forcing me to wear a surgical mask in a non sterile environment.
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes with the coordinator , not yet with a lawyer
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: employees, I am not aware of any union
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don t look for any financial gains, I am just looking for protecting my liberty rights, my working rights and ultimately my health rights.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
continue. I will wait for you.
Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Pleas eorovide further details of your complaint. Please also confirm how long you have been employed for
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am working since December 2020 in a Hospital in the City as a non review band 3 Materials management assistant. Due to the nature of my job my work involves materials manipulating (boxes which usually have dust present on them, and I am mostly present on corridors and in the storerooms.
After researching the issues regarding surgical mask wearing by non clinical and clinical staff, I came to the conclusion that this medical device has no backup in studies for the effectiveness of protecting the wearer or even the patient in clinical and no clinical situations.
I firmly believe that the wearing of a surgical mask is just a psychological measure since I found out that its inception was in the late 1800 s.
By today standards, given the lack of extensive studies (pro or contra), if anyone would try to bring this medical device into use, it won t be accepted by the medical methodology due to the lack of the aforementioned extensive studies, which leads me to believe that this measure of wearing surgical masks, even n theaters (operating rooms), even by the surgeon is purely dogmatic.
I attached here a official article https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4480558/
I started also having difficulties of breathing. Yet despite these facts and the fact that myself I am not required to even go into sterile settings I do not see why I should continue wear a surgical mask but yet I was told that I need to.
I tried to reason with the coordinator of the management team and he extensively tells me that I NeED to wear a mask because it is a hospital environment.
I have started doubting the actual situation plus that I have started having peer pressure fallen on to me from colleagues who try to attention to me that I do not wear a face covering while themselves in the actual discussion do not wear their own mask properly fitted, or in one case even covering just the mouth while telling me that I am not supposed to not wear a mask.
I feel that If I continue to not wear a face covering my job contract will be terminated. I had my own manager insinuating that "I better not be seen by the coordinator not wearing a mask or he will send me home"
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
alson the coordinator upon seeing me at least 5 times without a mask on , on the hallways told me " wear a damn mask this is a Hospital" or pinpointing me that my mask is missing
Thank you. There is a split view on the effectiveness of wearing a surgical mask. As this is a requirement of your role, you should in the first instance wear it. If it is indeed impacting your breathing or if you are medically exempt then your employer cannot force you.
Also if a face screen is acceptable to you, you could request that instead and unless there is a reasonable reason, your employer should not refuse your request.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you
My pleasure.
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience: -Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters