Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Just want to find out if a care worker got sacked under

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Just want to find out if a care worker got sacked under safeguarding. He/She can still work in care
JA: Has the worker discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: A resident claimed that Her hip get fractured while transferring through hoist but that was not the fact. Still ball is in Her court coz She is the one who suffered. Carer got suspended.
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: That carer is permanent employee with excellent record and its the first time it happened while working with a carer on probation who never worked in care.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This is the basic question if She gets sacked. Can She work in care with clean DBS when management wants to keep her
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Has she been reported to the DBS? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with the following general response, which will hopefully still answer your query. If someone has been sacked for a safeguarding reason, that would not automatically mean that they can never work in the industry again. A lot will depend on the reasons for the dismissal and also whether the DBS, or other regulatory body, has banned them and if so, how long for or whether some other sanction was issued.

For example, they may have been suspended for a temporary period of time only, after which they can still be employed so it is not a given that a dismissal for safeguarding will mean they can never get a job again.

Saying that, it will be a black mark on their record and future employers may choose not to employ them, even if legally they would be able to.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.