SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I live in Scotland, recently Uber has been offering it's

Hi I live in Scotland , recently Uber has been offering it's drivers settlement packages for holiday pay, Hower , they claim that these packages can only apply to past two years of employment in accordance with the law. I wonder if this could be contested in court.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Worker
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will wait for now
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is there going to be an answer to my question anytime soon ?

Good evening, thank you for your patience. The current law is that the limit for compensation is 2 years and therefore the precedent would be that and in Court there would be no prospects of success. However if you are looking to have a test case to challenge the current law and change the law then there is always room for that but this is statute regulated and therefore you will be looking to change the Act of parliament and you would need to have significan funding for representation all the way to the Court of Session in Edinburgh as the lower courts will not change the law but apply the law. All the best.

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK