DanielM311
DanielM311,
Experience:  Expert
111925293

I have had a call of my employer to say dont come in

Customer Question

I have had a call of my employer to say dont come in tommorow that was six days ago I have sent emails asking g y and tried to call all the directors and hr no one will answer me. I have been there 11 years
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: The manager and hr won't spk to me
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee. No union
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  DanielM311 replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. My name is ***** ***** I am a Solicitor. As you have indicated that you are an employee with 11 years service time you will have acquired enhanced employment rights under the employment rights act. A phone call from your employer saying do not come in is not a formal dismissal so your legal rights are limited at this stage. My advice is that you draft a formal letter to your employer requesting clarification why you have not been permitted to return to work. You should be provided with full written reasons why.

If you are struggling to make contact then I would advise that you contact ACAS online as soon as possible so that your situation can be assessed by one of their advisors -https://www.acas.org.uk/contact

ACAS is a very useful service as they have a number of template letters and guides for people in your situation.