james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I would like to know if my rights as an employee should be

Customer Question

Hi, I would like to know if my rights as an employee should be the same as they were even after I resigned, up until my last working day or do they depend on the company policy?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not yet
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee, not belonging to any union
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Employment status is full time, but I resigned 4 days ago
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If an employee resigns from their job, then the employee rights remain the same during the notice period until they leave.

Yhat includes, wages, holidays, sickness, and employer ability to carry out disciplinary action.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Does that include benefits as well or that does depend on the company policy? For exemple we were getting some products my current company is making and I was told that as I resigned, I am no longer entitled to employee order this month, even though my last day will be july 2nd

That would depend on the employee contract, but normally of nothing in the contract then tepee employer must treat you the same.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you :)

Your very welcome.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No, thank you. Not in regards ***** ***** question :)

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.