Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I suffered a heart attack at work i was offered an ambulance

hi i suffered a heart attack at work i was offered an ambulance but refused
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no as i have only just started feeling better
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: i have been an employee for eleven years i do not belong to a union
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i was left outside in front of my lorry then taken to the reception and given tea

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Why did you refuse the offer for an ambulance to be called?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I thought it would be wasting there time

OK thank you. What is your specific query in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i was wondering if i could make a claim for neglegence

OK thank you. Please explain how the company were negligent and please also tell me how long you have worked there for?

Hi there, just to recap from our chat earlier, negligence is not always as easy to claim as it sounds and you have to prove that the employer’s actions not only breached their duty of are, but that they fell below the reasonable standard expected of an employer in these circumstances. To someone who was not medically trained, the situation may not have appeared that clear and what they did could be considered reasonable for a basic first aider, even if it would have been unreasonable for a doctor for example.

Also, you can only claim for the issues caused by their alleged negligence, so if the outcome would have been the same regardless of what they did, you cannot realistically claim negligence as there is nothing to claim for.

As mentioned, see a personal injury lawyer for free if you can to get a more specific opinion on your chances of claiming and make a decision on whether to claim that way

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.