JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I had a fall at work on the staire case at work and let me

Customer Question

I had a fall at work on the staire case at work and let me with back problems. How can I can get help with a injury claim, the accident happened on November 2018,and from Junary 2020 I am out of work do to the problems the fall caused to my back.
Expert:  skidog11 replied 7 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m happy to assist you. Give me a few minutes to get you information.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today.
Sorry to hear of the issue. I will set out my written answer shortly.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

You can claim compensation for the bank injury, yes. You would need to show your employer breached the workplace laws (of which there are many). If they failed to risk assess the working environment or the staircase was dangerous then you have a case for negligence. You can also claim money for future losses such as lost income from time off work. You will need a no win no fee lawyer (unless you are a member of a trade union in which case your union should put you in touch with their solicitor).
The lawyer will apply for your medical records and send a letter of claim to your employers - who will pass it to their insurer who will deal with the claim.
Your lawyer must issue the claim at court by November 2021 being the 3rd anniversary of the accident - so you have limited time to deal with this and my advice is you speak to a law firm today or tomorrow to ask them to take your case. Here are a few firms you could approach :

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,
Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,

Jim

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
you answer my question and I try to contact a lawyer as soon as.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

My pleasure, also if the lawyer obtains an early admission of blame, they could apply for an interim payment to obtain money for you before the case finishes.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you very much very usefully.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

My pleasure, take care.
Jim

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Great
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Have a good evening.