How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NewExpertAS4920 Your Own Question
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 408
Experience:  -Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
NewExpertAS4920 is online now

Are you a real person? HR, employees, I've worked there for

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: are you a real person?
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: HR
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: employees
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I've worked there for 5 years
Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have been put at risk of redundency and I am unhappy about my treatment leading upto this desission
Please provide further details of the treatment you refer to
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
also what level of privacy is there around our disscussion, how come I can read other peoples questions on the homepage?
Our discussion will be available to other users of just answer. If you want we can arrange a call instead but there will be an additional charge for that. Alternatively, you can give details without using any names of the people or company involved.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi could you please provide some more information about how private our conversation is before I share any more details, thanks.
Our discussion will be available on the justanswer website and I understand other users of this website will be able to read our discussion. Therefore I suggest when explaining your situation you do not use any names.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry I'm busy right now, will try to talk to you again later.
Sure. Please message when available
Are you available now?
I note I have not heard from you. I will therefore give generic advice on the basis of the information provided.If you have been put through redundancy your employer needs to follow a fair consultation process as well as look for alternative suitable roles within the business for you. Your employment must also follow a fair selection process before selecting you for redundancy. If a fair process has been followed and there is no alternative role for you then you are entitled to a statutory redundancy payment unless your employer operates an enhanced redundancy policy.If you believe you have been unfairly treated or discriminated you could either try and negotiate a better settlement with your employer Or you could file a claim in the Employment Tribunal.If you provide further information, I may be able to better advice you.I hope the above helps. Best wishes.
NewExpertAS4920 and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you