ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Laywer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I worked for a company where I received annual bonuses, one

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I worked for a company where I received annual bonuses, one year they wanted to do something for me and decided to pay off my debts. I already had a small loan and was paying £100 off monthly.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: There was no contract and even verbally nothing was disscussed apart from the amount £13k may be taken from future bonuses. I'm in England I decided to leave 30th March 2020 and i offered £100 a month which they snubbed. Not heard anything till the other day when they çalled asking for payments and to sign something agreeing small interest. I am not in a position to take out a loan. What are my optiins
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just by saying I will email a staement of means and they can go from there
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The small loan i had finished and £100 kept coming out which i assumed was a repayme t for the £13k but as i said nothing was discussed or even signed
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I also had i think was a p60 form saying the amount of loan was discharged which i assumed had been written off.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have uploaded the forms they were P11
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 20 days ago.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I will wait
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

As there was nothing in writing, there really is nothing for the company to rely on with respect to forcing you to pay a particular sum by a particular time. It really all depends on what you agree going forward. They also cannot now force you to pay interest unless this was a specific term of your agreement whether that was in writing or orally.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.