Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Can non-car benefits in kind eg insurances be applied in

Customer Question

Can non-car benefits in kind eg insurances be applied in advance from day 1 when you start a new job ie employer changes tax code to a K209 code. HMRC say they have no info as no P11D which I don’t think employer will submit till April 2022. Isn’t that effectively like payrolling expenses which means my tax code should not have been changed? Also, I handed in my notice after 4 weeks on 03/08. I don’t know what full value £5225 is for yet. I have asked employer for breakdown. I received documents for medical insurance from provider so know the contract was issued on 09/08. I know they have poor HR processes and suspect they forgot to cancel policies during cooling off periods so transferred part of the cost to me. Is what the employer had done legally correct?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Asked for expense names, ref numbers and full value costs
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  John replied 14 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Of course, thank you John :-)
Expert:  John replied 14 days ago.

Hello my apologies, on review of your question it is outside my expertise. I will need to opt out for a more suitable expert with the right experience to assist you. All the best.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 14 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Tetyana, I am happy to wait for now, thanks.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I got help from elsewhere