Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

What are the chances of ending up with a huge legal bill if

Customer Question

What are the chances of ending up with a huge legal bill if I lose a tribunal hearing
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

The general rule in Tribunal claims is that "costs do not follow the event".   If you Claim against your Employer in the Regional Employment Tribunal and lose, it is unlikely that the Tribunal will impose an Order against you to pay your Employer’s legal costs, unless your claim is vexatious, totally without merit, or you have acted unreasonably in some other way.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry.   Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I was sacked for having an argument
With a colleague outside our office, AMember of the public became involved and Royal mail sacked me for foul and abusive language and threatening behaviour, the colleague I had the argument with was backed up by her boyfriend and the member of public in their statements, I have no history of violence at all and prior to this had no marks against my conduct in 16 years of service
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm poor Ed and can't afford the extra for a call sorry
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

I have answered your questions as far as I am able to on the Portal.   Obviously, there is a limited amount of advice I can give based on a few lines of text on the Just Answer instant messaging Portal.  Very often the best I can do is “point you in the right direction” for the sake of seeking more detailed advice.

If you want further bespoke advice, I need to review all relevant correspondence and documents and advise in a telephone call.

I will place an offer of a Premium Service Phone Call Request through on the Portal.  If you do not want this additional service, I wish you all the very best in resolving this matter and of course for safely navigating the current “choppy waters” in which we all find ourselves.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How long before tribunal can I back out without incurring legal fees
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

All the way to a final hearing judgment unless the tribunal makes a costs order against you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks for your time Ed
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 14 days ago.

You're welcome.   All the best with your tribunal claim.