Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

My partner owns 2 businesses of which I work for, both

HiMy partner owns 2 businesses of which I work for, both businesses run along side each each one is a security services provider and the other recruitment and vetting for the security company.I have been working for these for 2 years on good faith and have no contract, i am now going to set up a contract - can I set up one contract covering both companies or do I need separate contracts?If separate how does that work Iro to hours on the contract and would I have to have 2 separate wages?Thank you

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Are the businesses two separate limited companies? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Ben
Yes both companies are limited and seperate with the same director

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. Ideally , you should have a separate contract for each company. It could be an identical contract, simply with the different names of each company and any specific terms which may apply to that job only, such as job role, salary, hours, duties, etc. If you do specific hours for each company then you can define these in each contract. If you do not, then you can mention a minimum number of hours that you know you will do in each job and then treat any other time as overtime.

In terms of separate wages, again, it is best to have these separate as you would receive a payslip from each employer. However, you can potentially have that paid to you as a lump sum, so both payments paid to you together, as long as there is evidence of what you have earned in each job, usually done via a payslip.

Hello, following my main response above, I just wanted to check that everything was clear. If you have any further queries about this issue, you can reply to me at any time on this portal and I will be happy to help. Thank you.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been resolved to your satisfaction and your original question has been dealt with. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m not sure why this rated as this I rated 5 stars

Not to worry, I think it is a known system issue but thanks for clarifying