MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

What specific part of the employment act 1996 or other

Customer Question

what specific part of the employment act 1996 or other legisaltion refers to cumulitative breach of duty relating to trust and confidence
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: i am taking my former employer to an employment tribunal for breach of contract and unfair dismissal. I have been asked to reference specific particulars of the breach by the respondent and i am struggling to do this.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: An employee now redundant
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: An employee now redundant
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 14 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, in relation to a breach of contract there are two types breaches express terms and breaches of implied terms.

Express terms relates to terms specifically set out in the contract of employment for example, pay, hours job location.

Implied terms related to terms that are implied into the contract of employment, such as the duty of trust and confidence and the duty of fidelity.

It would depend on what breaches of contract you were pursuing would depend on what part of the Employment Rights Act were relevant.

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 13 days ago.

Do you have any follow up questions?

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear please do not hesitate to contact me further.