Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

We are looking to employ an admin person to cover 2

HiWe are looking to employ an admin person to cover 2 businesses,they will be office based and do admin tasks for both businesses as required. Both businesses have the same directors and offer services - one specialises in providing security services, the other more general logisticsDo we need to provide 2 separate contracts with hours etc or can we employ under one company and contract with a clause to include work for the other company?

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Can I just check how many hours will the employee work and will these be fixed? Also, will they be paid a salary or an hourly rate?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The employee will be full time / perhaps shifts but full time hours, we were intending to pay them PAYE on a monthly basis.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Hi there, I realised I may have answered a very similar question to this a day or two ago – is this about the same situation or something different? The facts appear to be pretty much the same

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry I thought I’d responded.
Regarding myself we have decided to add me as a director for one company and employee for the other.This question is regarding an admin person we are looking to employ to carry out admin tasks for each companyThank you

No worries and thank you. As per the previous answer, the situation is pretty much the same and it would be best advised to have a separate contract. However, it is possible to have one contract only, ideally for the job where the employee would spend doing most of their work, and then have a clause in it that they could be required to carry out additional work for any other Group company or associated employer, which would then cover such additional work for the other company. However, best practice is to have the two separate contracts.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been resolved to your satisfaction and your original question has been dealt with. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.