Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I was a IR 35 contractor for 7 years, since march 2021

i was a IR 35 contractor for 7 years, since march 2021 something has changes and my contractee has given me employment contract.
JA: Was the employment contract issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: with lawyer please.
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: mainly employees
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I honestly think I may need to have legal advice on it but
personally, I don’t like the tone or much of the content of the contract offerd.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (24V3Z45)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
please advice about the contract offered.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Please explain your situation in some more detail

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
as i said i had worked for this company for last 7 years as contractor on a IR 35

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Before I proceed I wanted to check what specifically you wanted to know about the contract? Also, as we are just a basic chat service, checking of documents is a premium service and charged extra. The fees would depend on what work you need doing so that is why I need to know what you want to know about the contract first. Many thanks

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
personally, I don’t like the tone or much of the content.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
of the contract. please advice and changes that you may suggest

Thanks but that is still very general request so you need to be more specific with what parts you are not happy about. The contract can be perfectly fine for many different people and jobs, but you need to decide what you are not happy with for your particular circumstances and then I can discuss what the legal position is and options you have

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
very large section on not working or having a private business.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It going without saying it’s my Employment and my experience and specialist field so i definitely need to be very cautious and with my own company company work discreet and careful that it does not break any of the binding terms and conditions of my current employment and that KNSI cannot take any legal action against me so on..
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
can you pls call . i have paid £44 for call back
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
In my personal opinion there still is something hiding behind all of this and is very hurried pushing you into this contract etc
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
as i have worked with IR35 with my own limited company. will that be a problem with this contract?

Ok thanks, ***** ***** accepted the call request and will try you later this evening, after 7pm. You get 20 minutes so we can discuss whatever queries you have about it then

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Are you going to call today?
will do, won't be too long