MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I have not signed the secondment employment contract with my

I have not signed the secondment employment contract with my employer. They never even told me about it verbally. I want to leave this company and go back to my country (India) and join another company. They are asking to pay money because they spent money for my visa. Can they do it? Can they force me to pay money in order for me to leave then and join some other company in home country.
JA: Have you discussed the employment contract issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not discussed with any lawyer. Currently discussing with my HR
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I'm an Employee full time
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Was tpayment of the visa monies if you left agreed with you before hand?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No, not verbally. Nor I signed the agreement. but they seem to have kept the agreement for themselves.now bringing it up.

Thank you for the confirmation, it would appear that you would have an unlawful Deduction of Wages claim this is when an employee has been unpaid or underpaid wages. However there must be an actual deduction of wages, not just a proposal to deduct wages.

Do you have any follow up questions?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I think I’m good for now. I will new question if I have any depending on how situation gets. Thanks your help
Thank you for the clarification, we will be happy to assist you further should you require.