MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I have appealed against my employer on a redundancy

I have appealed against my employer on a redundancy dismissal. My appeal will be heard by Trustees because of the involvement of all executive in my case. They say they will be following acas guidelines for my appeal. What can I expect to happen? Its all been very stressful up to now
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: There was a protected conversation which I rejected the terms because they questioned my integrity. So they moved to compulsory redundancy and I am appealing that but have lost confidence in them
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I believe the trustees ate also conflicted in the procesd. Is this likely to go to Tribunal.
Good morning thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, however n what grounds are you appealing the dismissal?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The consultation was a sham. A fait accompli. Unfair and inconsistency of process
Thank you for the confirmation when did the dismissal take place and how long have you worked for the company?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
1st September 2021
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ive been with the company since October 2018. I am currently on 3 months PILON

Thank you for the confirmation, I would advise that your first step would be to raise a formal grievance in relation to the consultation and process.  The following link should assist you in raising a grievance: https://www.acas.org.uk/grievance-procedure-step-by-step/step-2-raising-a-formal-grievance

If this does not resolve the matter, particularly in relation to the dismissal it would appear that you would have grounds for an unfair dismissal .

To commence this you would need to enter into conciliation with ACAS, using the following link: https://tell.acas.org.uk/

This is a free and impartial service whereby ACAS will try to resolve the matter between yourselves and ACAS, if this fails they will issue a certificate allowing you to bring a claim to the employment tribunal.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Glad to be off assistance, we wish you all the best going forwards.