How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1910
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

I wish to appeal County Court Employment Breech Settlement

This answer was rated:

I wish to appeal County Court Employment Breech Settlement February 2019, that had no space for any Employee Solicitor signature to say it was understood. Since then the Employer conceeds they will not disclose the Solicitors name or Indemnity that drafted the Settlement Paper or it's Legal Writer, they will not say if the Director was in the locked room on the 3rd floor that night non-disclosed, and the Report to the Safeguarding team of me is witheld to me. Q B Issues at RCJ London allow an N1 Application of Emmplyment Contract Breech within 6 years. It appears I must litigate 100K to insure
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ...the case does not get handed down to the County Court again. Is there any form to insure a High Court Decission, over a GMC new enquiry, to avoid litigating for 100K plus? Is there any ET Appeal County Court can go to or Ombudman of Employment please?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only the direct discussion with Q B Issues, but a Contact with a Norfolk No Fee No Win Soliciotors of Employmeny Law... The solicitor said the Employer 'was not right'... ...but he would only do it on a fee paying basis and he did not do No Fee No Win High Court challenges...
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The employer says 17K was spent by them to the 'London Law Firm', I was lucky to get settlement.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information about your legal issue and how you want a lawyer to help you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

My mobile is XXXXXXXXXX. When is a convenient time please?

I will discuss my fees with my main virtual law firm on the call.   Under my Just Answer Expert Agreement, I cannot provide Customers any direct contact details or information about my law firm’s charges unless they accept a Premium Serivce.

I note that you have not replied to my request for further information.   I shall therefore post a “general answer” to your type of legal issue.    Please revert to me if I am mistaken as to your type of legal issue or if my answer does not fit the facts of your situation and I shall be delighted to amend my answer accordingly.

If the employer has breached the terms of your settlement agreement by, for example, not paying your termination payments or providing you with a reference to future employers, then they have terminated the contract in breach and may be liable to pay you damages for your losses.

You must present the defendant with a civil claim and issue court proceedings in the County Court.

If your expected damages are under £10,000, you may issue court proceedings via the Government’s Small Claims Track Online System:   The issue fee will be no more than £410.00.   A party cannot normally recover solicitors’ costs on the Small Claims Track.   However, it is designed for non-lawyers (known as “Litigants In Person”).  The trials are relatively informal, and the judges do not expect parties to have the same legal knowledge as experienced solicitors and barristers.

However, if your expected damages are between £10,000 and £25,000, the claim will be allocated to the Fast Track, and if damages are over £25,000, it will be allocated to the Multi Track.    These tracks are much more formal and legally technical, and it is expected that both parties will instruct solicitors.   The normal rule on the Fast and Multi Tracks is that the winning party (either at a Final Hearing, or through a negotiated settlement) can expect to receive most of their legal costs from the losing party.

If your claim is worth over £10,000, I strongly recommend that you instruct specialist commercial dispute resolution and court litigation solicitors to advise you and conduct the litigation.   If you cannot afford legal costs upfront, you should contact your home or business insurers and ask if they will cover your legal costs under a legal expenses insurance policy.   They will either pay your solicitors’ fees or appoint a law firm on their panel of solicitors to act for you.

I hope this resolves your enquiry.   Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

Kind regards


Ed Turner and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you