How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick;Lawyer Your Own Question
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 79
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick;Lawyer is online now

I was employed by the NHS at Royal Berkshire Hospital for 4

This answer was rated:

I was employed by the NHS at Royal Berkshire Hospital for 4 Years from Jun 1988 to Aug 1992. I have no payslips from that period due to a traumatic divorce, and the Trust are claiming to have no record of my employment.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: the issue now is that being close to retirement age, I find that I am lacking 4 years full time contributions to the NHS pension scheme.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Royal Berks current trust refuse to acknowledge my employment, despite a full National Insurance contributions record. The NHS Pension Trustees are requiring the trust to acknowledge my employment or for me to provide evidence which I believe to have been destroyed by my ex husband.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: currently employed by Derby City HS Trust

Hello and an interesting position being adopted by the Trust.  Firstly, please let me know the link you are making with any evidence “destroyed”;by your ex Husband.  Do you have any significant entries in your medical notes from this period.  Keen to work this one through with you so let me know your thoughts when you can.  I will be back online in the AM.  What about colleagues from this time too?  Are you still in contact with anyone who can vouch that you were employed there at the time in question.  Thank you for using our service.  Regards ~ Patrick

Patrick;Lawyer and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you