Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

On the 8 November I received email from Employment Tribunal

Customer Question

On the 8 November I received email from Employment Tribunal EASTLondon ET,but I don’t how to ask for writen reasons for the judgment
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Were you told that written reasons would follow?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (TZ24ZZ3)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Good evening sir, I spoke earlier by email with barista and said I should ask for writen reasons and then he can say what we can do or how to help me
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Mr Ben my pleasure to speak again with you sir,
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don’t know what should I do…
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Thank you. You do indeed have the right to ask for written reasons of the Employment Tribunal’s judgment and as you can see from the letter, the deadline for doing so is 14 days from the date the judgment is sent. As it was sent on 8 November, you have until 22 November to make such request.

You can see what the official guidance states about the procedure to do so:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/employment-tribunal-hearings-judgment-guide-t426/employment-tribunals-the-judgement-t426#asking-for-written-reasons-for-the-judgment

“You should make your request for written reasons for your judgment at the hearing or within 14 days of the date on which the judgment was sent to the parties. That request should be made to the tribunal office which sent the judgment.”

So all you need to do is write to the Employment Tribunal (you can even email them) and state that you wish to request written reasons for the judgment to be sent to you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Will be ok for you sir if you help me with example of letter,honestly I don’t want to look like illiterate and agrammatic when I want to ask for writen reasons, I will appreciate if can send me example
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Yes no problem, it can be very simple like this:

Case No:(###) ###-####2020

I am the Claimant in this case and received a copy of the Employment Tribunal judgment on 8 November 2021. I now wish to exercise my right to request written reasons for the judgment and would be grateful if you can please arrange for them to be sent to me in due course.

Yours sincerely

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help sir and I wish you a blessed night.Yours faithfully,Petrica.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

My pleasure, have a great evening too

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello, as I talked last night about the request writing reason, what can I do about the reconsideration in 14 days to apply, do I have to do such a similar request writing reason? And if I ask for reconsideration I will be obliged to appeal? an example how to ask for reconsideration, i will appreciate your help.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

The deadline to ask for reconsideration of the decision is 14 days from the date the written reasons are sent to you so you do not need to do that yet. When you make the request for reconsideration you need to check the rules for doing that here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/employment-tribunal-hearings-judgment-guide-t426/employment-tribunals-the-judgement-t426#get-the-tribunal-to-reconsider-the-judgment

Unfortunately I won’t be able to help with that because you need to explain the reasons why it would be in the interests of justice to do so and that will depend on the grounds for the original claim and the reasons for the decision. This is not something we can consider on here as you would need more specific legal advice on it

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I see,thank you sir
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

most welcome

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
But if I want to apply or request for reconsideration I m obliged appeal?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

No, that is separate t the appeal, you can ask for reconsideration and then you have the choice of appealing to the EAT, but that is up to you

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Most welcome

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Good morning sir and thank you very much for all advice and help. Today I asked for reconsideration from the Emplyoment Tribunal and in the letter I also wrote the fact that I was called on November 2 before the hearing if I accept some money to withdraw the complaint but I did not accept, I acted correctly I violated a law, I do not know confidential.Please let me know and thank you very much.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I mentioned about this phone call due to the fact that I asked for reconsideration, and one of the reasons was this, because they claimed and said that I was paid correctly and then why I was called to accept some money to withdraw the complaint. .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hi there what did you want to know about that phone call, please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm still at work but when I'm done I'll let you know
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help sir