How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Laywer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 3757
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

How much is the living wage? Hourly? manchester! Any details

Customer Question

How much is the living wage?
JA: Is this an hourly or salaried position? How many hours each week?
Customer: Hourly?
JA: Where are you located? Wage-and-hour laws vary by location.
Customer: manchester !
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Any details regarding zero hour contracts
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 11 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Expert:  RJM Law replied 10 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** wage is currently £8.91 and is set to increase to £9.50.  There is also a national minimum wage which will vary depending on age, if your employer is not meeting their statutory obligations you can take legal action to remedy this.  Payments can be backdated up to two years.   If there is an issue at work the first thing you require to do is raise the grievance procedure and take this process to exhaustion including any appeals.   If you cannot remedy the matter this way, you can raise “early conciliation” with ACAS.   This is the first step in the legal process, and you will require an Acas certificate in order to initiate legal proceedings with the employment tribunal.  If you are looking to go to an employment tribunal you only have 3 months minus one day to raise a claim.  The clock starts on the date of the incident complained of.   When you start conciliation with Acas the clock “pauses” on the time limit.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.