MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I have worked for a firm and they have refused to pay me for

Customer Question

I have worked for a firm and they have refused to pay me for my hours of work
JA: Have you filed a claim for unpaid wages?
Customer: Yes I have filed a claim, it was ignored
JA: Where are you located? Unpaid wage laws vary by location.
Customer: Leicester
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This led to many other problems for including the loss of a job offer
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 21 days ago.
Good morning thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Were you employed under a contract of employment or are you self employed?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I was under a contract of employment
Have you subsequently left the company? How much money is owed to you?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have. At least £2000

Thank you for the clarification, my first piece of advise is to try to resolve the matter informally, however if this does not resolve the matter, it would appear that you would have grounds for an unlawful deduction of wages claim.

To commence this you would need to enter into conciliation with ACAS, using the following link: https://tell.acas.org.uk/

This is a free and impartial service whereby ACAS will try to resolve the matter between yourselves and ACAS, if this fails they will issue a certificate allowing you to bring a claim to the employment tribunal.

Numerous employees are put off from bringing claims to the employment tribunal, however a high percentage of claims for unlawful deductions of wages claims are brought by litigants in person so this should not put you off.