Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I wish to put a grievance in against my employer. I have

Customer Question

Hi I wish to put a grievance in against my employer. I have already handed my notice of resignation because work became intolerable. I would like advice please
JA: Was this retaliation? Or based on age, race, religion, gender, or disability?
Customer: Bulling in the work place and ageism
JA: What kind of workplace is this (private sector, public sector, etc.)? How many employees?
Customer: Funeral Directors national company with hundreds of employees
JA: Where are you located? Workplace termination laws vary by location.
Customer: Worcester Worcestershire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes this all started after a five week sickness absence due to my father being on end of life care and subsequent passing away .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

How long have you worked there for? and please explain the circumstances that led to you raising the grievance in some more detail

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
3.5 years. Employed. I had 5 weeks off sick with stress because my father was on end of life car and subsequent passed away. On my return to work my work environment had changed and a manager (not my manager) started bullying and disrespecting my position changing my policies and procedures without consulting me.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** is your specific query in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you I will not be requiring your services.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

No worries, I will still give you some general advice and if it helps you, then great.

You can get a detailed explanation of the grievance process here:

https://www.acas.org.uk/grievance-procedure-step-by-step

In summary, an employee is expected to submit their concerns in writing and send them to their line manager, or whoever is nominated as the person to send grievances to under an official workplace grievance policy.

The complaint should include details of what the grievance is about, any evidence that may exist which is relevant and also what the employee wants their employer to do about this issue.

Once the grievance has been submitted, the employer is expected to arrange a formal grievance hearing, inviting the employee to attend and discuss the nature of their complaint. The meeting is also as an opportunity to ask for further clarification or information, as required.

Following the meeting, the employer will take time to consider all the issues and evidence and then make a decision, communicating it to the employee. If the outcome is not to the complainant’s satisfaction, they can appeal and get a second opinion from a different person assigned by the employer to consider the appeal. Once the appeal is also completed, that brings to an end the formal grievance process and there is no option to escalate it further internally.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.