Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Thank you. I have 17 days left to take of holidays and my

Hello. Thank you. I have 17 days left to take of holidays and my boss is saying it’s too late to take those days and i can only take 3 consecutive days. And company not letting days toll to 2022. Is this legal? Thank you.
JA: Are you hourly or salaried? Are you part time or full time?
Customer: FTE
JA: Where are you located? Employment law varies by location.
Customer: london
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Yes it is perfectly legal for an employer to decide when you can take holiday to the extent of refusing you taking a large number of consecutive days off according to business need. It is even legal to say employees cannot take time off during certain periods such as for example Christmas for a business that particularly makes their money during that period. They are also perfectly entitled to refuse to allow days unused to be carried over. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK, thank you for the quick reply. Appreciated. Best wishes, Carla Costa
Happy to help take care