MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I was fired by an employer and never paid my final pay,

Customer Question

I was fired by an employer and never paid my final pay
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: their manager ignored me and there is no HR department
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee as I have a contract but never on PAYE
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: just that the director was inappropriate with me and that may be why I was fired
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 16 days ago.
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. How long have you worked for the company? When we’re you dismissed?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Started 1st July 2020 fired 25th October 2021
Thank you for the clarification, unfortunately you do not have the required level of service to claim unfair dismissal (two years).I would advise that you appeal the dismissal in writing and request payment of your wages.If this does not resolve the matter, particularly in relation to the issues with pay, it would appear that you would have grounds for an unlawful deduction of wages claim.To commence this you would need to enter into conciliation with ACAS, using the following link:https://tell.acas.org.uk/This is a free and impartial service whereby ACAS will try to resolve the matter between yourselves and ACAS, if this fails they will issue a certificate allowing you to bring a claim to the employment tribunal.