NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  -Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

I was furloughed for 18 months at 80% & did not take any

I was furloughed for 18 months at 80% & did not take any holiday. I have now resigned from my job. Am I entitled to holiday pay for holidays not taken?
JA: What is your employer's holiday policy?
Customer: 25 days + bank hols
JA: Is the workplace represented by a union?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: p45 not been issued either although I left on 30th September. Is that legal?
Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
If you have any accrued but untaken holidays these should indeed be paid to you unless these were paid to you during your furloughed period. If this was the case then the holiday days should have been paid at 100%With regards ***** ***** p45, you can simply request a copy from HR
I believe that answers your query but please feel free to ask follow up questions
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I did not book or take holiday during the 18months & I was paid only 80% for the whole 18months.. my employer does not have a great department so I have requested holiday pay & p45 from my employer but have received neither & i left 7 weeks ago
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My employer does not have a hr department
Did you write to your employer? If so, Have you tried speaking/calling human resources?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I emailed my employer twice asking for both holiday pay & p45 & no reply & they do not have a hr department as it is a very small company. I worked there for 11 years
Okay. In that case I suggest you lodge ACAS conciliation claiming breach of contract and unlawful deduction of wages.
Acas is a free service which acts like a mediator between and employee and employer dispute. It is a compulsory stage before you can bring a legal action against your employer. There is a deadline of 3 months from the date of termination. Given that you have already tried resolving the matter with your employer at no avail, you should pursue the company formally.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. I thought that ACAS would be the next step. Final question..should bank holidays have been topped up to 100% (because they weren’t!)
they should have.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. I think you have confirmed what I thought I was entitled to
It has been my pleasure. Best wishes