MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

Been trying to contact my solicitor, know they have a

Been trying to contact my solicitor, know they have a settlement of around 1700 for me, but simply never get a call back from them (tried dozens of times to call and left 3 messages!) feeling really annoyed now as want to get my, car fixed with the settlement money.
JA: Can you provide me with some more details about the settlement agreement? What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Called them dozens of times always, rings out or have to leave message. It's, for when a, piece of wood went through my windscreen off a lorry, on the M60 last July 2020. Went through insurance and their lawyers Carpenter's solicitors damage to body work insurance assessment at circa 1800.
JA: Where are you located? Settlement agreement laws vary by location.
Customer: I am, in, Manchester and solicitors are located in /near Birkenhead I believe from their website.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just, that, they, asked me to contact them to give them my bank details, so they could transfer settlement.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, has the solicitor confirmed that they have received the settlement monies from the other side, if so when was this?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Hi they confirmed they, have the money on 8th November and asked I contact them to give them my bank details. I replied how much the same, day a week later she gave me the amount value then I said a week, ago shall I mail my, details to you? No contact since. I between Al, this, dozens, of calls and three messages.

Thank you for the clarification, under the SAR (Solicitors Accounts Rules), solicitors are obliged to return client money promptly. Therefore I would advise that you raise a formal complaint to the solicitor and asked for any monies to be paid immediately as they have held clients money for over two weeks which is a direct breach of the Solicitors Accounts Rules.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you I will do that

Glad to be off asssitance, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me further.