How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6037
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I work for a company who remains active but cannot pay my

This answer was rated:

I work for a company who remains active but cannot pay my wages and refuses to make me redundant. The company currently has 11ccj's served against them and in the past 2months have had 2x high court writs resulting in high court enforcement agents removing stock from the premises I am now in a position where i have no stock to sell and no money to re-order new stock that would probably be seized anyway. What is my next course of action?
JA: Was this retaliation? Or based on age, race, religion, gender, or disability?
Customer: No, just bad management, the company is on the verge of bankruptcy but will not file for bankruptcy by remaining active.
JA: What kind of workplace is this (private sector, public sector, etc.)? How many employees?
Customer: Private sector 4 employees
JA: Where are you located? Workplace termination laws vary by location.
Customer: United kingdom
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the company say they are waiting for an insurance pay out from the business interuption scheme but this has been ongoing for at least 6months with no guarantee.They have refused to answer any of my emails for the past 6months and also declined to meet me to discuss the situation.

Hello Welcome to Just answer.

I am a solicitor and It is my pleasure to be assisting you today. I may ask for further information in order to determine a legal position.

Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

I may not respond immediately as i will be concluding another case, please bear with me. I will respond once done rest assured today

Thank you for your patience. If you have worked for them for 2 years you will have a claim in the Employment tribunal for unlawful deduction from wages and breach of contract. However practically this may not mean anything because if they have so many outstanding ccjs yours will be added to that and they are likely to never settle them. If there is no stock and all they are counting on is insurance payout then really they are likely to be trading as insolvent and you could threaten suing the director in their personal capacity for running insolvent company and threaten their disqualification. That may bring a response as they are unlikely to want to be personally liable and to have criminal records.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am glad to assist you further or clarify anything. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks for your reply.

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your answer.

You are welcome

SolicitorRM and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you