MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Employer 2nd job

Customer Question

Employer 2nd job
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

May I ask for the specific details of your enquiry? And what would be your desired outcome for this scenario? Thank you.

Legally speaking, there is nothing to stop an employee from having a second job. However, consideration needs to be given to the terms of the contract of employment as they may prohibit an employee from carrying out secondary employment. The employment contract for a senior employee will commonly include the provision that they will be expected to devote the whole of their time, attention and abilities to their employer’s business. The contract for a more junior employee may just require that permission to undertake secondary employment is first sought.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.