How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1267
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I have been suspended from work .given reason of gross

Customer Question

I have been suspended from work .given reason of gross misconduct and neglect of a patient. I want to know if I can lose job over this. I’m working at this place form 3 years. I have been promoted at care practitioner from a carer working alongside nurses. I have been a peoples champion for a year as well. Never had a suspension in my career. My deputy said investigations will be held by external party.I want to know what does it mean.why they r not investigating at work and why involve an outside person.I’m really worried as I have not done a gross Mia conduct .plz advice me
JA: Have you discussed the suspension with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Manager said she can’t be involved.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Permanent employee. 33 hours
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes I have unison
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Yes, you can be dismissed for gross misconduct as long as your employer follows the correct procedure. However, they cannot dismiss you for that reason if there is no evidence to prove that you have committed gross misconduct in the workplace. If they do so, then you are entitled to make a claim for unfair dismissal.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
They don’t have proofs. They have my colleague statement. It’s my colleague word against mine. But I have prof to show that I wasn’t neglecting the patient. Will I lose my job?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

In that case, no, you will not lose your job as long as you can provide evidence that you did not commit the alleged statement of said negligence by your colleague.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry today. Please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.