How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Laywer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4057
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I am a US and UK citizen with family in the United Kingdom.

Customer Question

I am a US and UK citizen with family in the United Kingdom. My permanent address is in the US. Will my US-based company be liable for any UK taxes if I work remotely from the UK for 7 weeks over the summer?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 16 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for the question, I am just reviewing your information now.  Thanks.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for the question.   You will of course want to have this checked as we can only provide general guidance however it is not likely no, you need to be resident and considered a resident tax payer however this usually relates to income, it could be the case there cold be the potential for duty to be paid or other relevant taxes, however for the purposes of income this will not likely be the case.   

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.