ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Laywer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I have recently applied for universal credit and am not

Customer Question

I have recently applied for universal credit and am not well. I was asked to provide a fit note from my doctor which I have done but I am still being asked to attend a job seekers interview with a work coach at the job Center. I have written to the work coach saying iam not well but the reply is that the interview is mandatory and I must attend. I am not well and unable to leave bed but it seems I am being forced to attend an interview. Will I loose my application for Universal Credit if I am unwell and unable to attend an interview?
JA: When did you start working there?
Customer: I made the claim for UC on 5/5/2022
JA: Where are you located? Unemployment laws vary by location.
Customer: in london
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. It is u fortunately now a requirement for you to attend the job center to do these assessments.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

If you fail to attend you could lose your benefits.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No thank you
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

You are welcome