Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I didnt received my salary from my last job. i try to

i didnt received my salary from my last job. i try to contact with then but dont reply my emails or txt or phone calls
JA: Are you hourly or salaried? How many hours do you work each week?
Customer: monthly, 43hrs week their sent my payslip but today is payday and nobody reply
JA: Where are you located? Wage-and-hour laws vary by location.
Customer: 11.50 ph site supersor for the hive london
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i dont know
Hello, I’m Ben, an employment solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some information first to determine the legal position.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok

I understand you have not been paid by a former employer. Please tell me when you left this job?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
sorry i can't afford this money now, im struggling coz their didnt pay.. sorry for waste your time..
thanks
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i cant use the call
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
16 of April
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
payday is every 12th each month
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
any option

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now. I will get back to you with my full reply on here; usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thanks

No problem at all. I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. Many thanks

Many thanks for your patience, it is appreciated. I am now pleased to be able to provide further assistance with your query. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through.

The employer’s actions will most likely amount to an unlawful deduction of wages, which is dealt with under the Employment Rights Act 1996.

Deductions of wages occur when an employer either makes actual deductions from an employee’s pay, or they stop their pay altogether. Under law, an employer can only do these in the following circumstances:

- If it is legally allowed (e.g. to deduct tax)

- If it is to recover an earlier overpayment of wages made by the employer (no prior consent is needed, but at the same time they should discuss how this may affect the employee, considering any outgoings they have to meet)

- If the contract specifically allows for the deductions to be made

- If the employee has given their explicit written consent, such as in a separate written agreement

If none of the above exemptions apply, the deductions will most likely be treated as being unlawful. To take the matter further, the employer should be contacted in writing, advised that their actions are treated as unlawful deduction from wages and/or breach of contract and request that they repay the amount in question within 7 days. State that if they fail to do so, legal proceedings could follow to recover what has been unlawfully deducted.

If the employer does not return the money as requested, the following options are available to take things further:

1. Employment Tribunal - the time limit to claim is only 3 months from the date the last of the deductions were made. Before making the claim, ACAS must be engaged to negotiate with the employer and try to resolve this without the need for legal action. The next steps to initiate this procedure are to contact them, either online by filling in the following form (https://tell.acas.org.uk/find-a-solution-to-your-employment-dispute), or by phone on 0300(###) ###-####

2. County Court – this is an alternative way to claim and the advantage is that the time limit is a much longer 6 years. It is therefore a useful alternative if the 3-month deadline for the Employment Tribunal has been missed. Also, there is no need to negotiate before starting a claim and the claim can also be made online by going to: https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Ideally, by warning the employer that their actions are unlawful and that legal action is considered, they will be prompted to try and resolve this and return the money with the need to take things further.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thanks

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best.