james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I recently benn scammed/fraud with a lot money and I

I recently benn scammed/fraud with a lot money and I communicate to my boss that need time off from work because I need to sort out the problem with the police, banks , friends, loans and he is counting as holidays so I want to know if he is right to do that?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Nope
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi James
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can I just text you ?

Very sorry to hear that you have been the victim of a scam or fraud.

I hope it was not to much you have lost.

As for time off from work, the employer is under no obligation to give you time off form work with the exception of your holidays.

A god employer might be more understanding and give a few days leave to set out difficulties, even if that is unpaid time off, but ultimately that is at the discretion of the employer.

Otherwise sorry to say, it would be a case of taking holiday leave.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thanks

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

you can report the scam / fraud to the police online.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What about if i am feeling strees because of the fraud ?

Stress can be classed as sickness / illness. So in theory you could go off sick. But then employer may think you are swinging the lead.

If you go off sick see GP asap

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
But are you aware that when you loose money because o fraud/scam is stressful I lost £25000

I fully understand that, but I am not your employer, they may not understand or even care.

They have said you can use holiday for time off so that is good. But if you are very stressed out which is very understandable visit the GP and get a sick note, even though legally you dont need one straight away.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
yeah you are right thanks
Take care and good luck.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.