Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

My son has been stranded in Ibiza for over two week. His

Customer Question

My son has been stranded in Ibiza for over two week. His vehicle broke down, he did have cover which has now expired. The manufacturer of the part which broke have kindly said they will fix the problem but on inspection when the car broke down it caused another part to go wrong. How does he stand legally?
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: When you say HR is that Human Resources? I can’t find a lawyer to take it on!
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: i haven’t a clue, I’m guessing it’s a little garage on the island
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i don’t think so. My son has Asperger’s syndrome and finding things difficult. He’s on his own out there. We have suggested that he fly home for now but he won’t leave his car!
Expert:  Stuart J replied 18 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 18 days ago.
Is this his own car and not a hire car?

was he touring Europe or something similar?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No he went out there to buy a boat, which is the problem. He wont leave the boat to come back. Thanks
Expert:  Stuart J replied 18 days ago.

Thank you. What exactly is the problem? I’m not certain what it is that you want to know about this? Thank you.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 18 days ago.

Hello again.

I see that you have not had a chance to get back to me with the information I requested. It would really help me if I had the full background please.

Based on the limited information provided, let me answer you as far as I can at this stage in time.

If this isn’t what you are looking for or doesn’t answer your question, please respond and we can continue this thread until all your queries are answered.

Meanwhile.....

I will do my best to give you a reply which means something with the limited information in front of me.

If he is in Ibiza then this is Spanish law although I can tell you the situation in England.

It is not normally the manufacturer of the part which broke who is liable but the retailer of whoever he bought it from was also responsible for any consequential loss which happened as a result of the first part breaking.

However assuming he purchased that part in the UK is going to have to wait till he comes back to the UK to resolve that, through the Small Claims Court if necessary.

Meanwhile, is going to have to bite the bullet on getting the car fixed at whatever the cost, and then coming back and dealing with any court costs in the UK when he gets back.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question. I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Stuart J replied 17 days ago.

I am glad to help.
Can I help you any further with this? It's my pleasure to help. I’m glad that I was able to help so far. Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem. I'm happy to clarify anything which is outstanding. Please don't hesitate to ask. Kind regards Stuart

Expert:  Stuart J replied 17 days ago.

Hello again.

If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete for now, but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months.

I’m glad that I was able to help.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

Stuart