ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Laywer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I had to go off work with workplace stress on 22nd March

Customer Question

Hi ,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I had to go off work with workplace stress on 22nd March ..... company are staing my years requirement did not start till 29th March and are saying I am not entitled to sick pay .... this correct?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: been told by Occupational Health and GP not to contact employer or HR
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that I can think of
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
excellent
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The dates and the contract are important ..... I started with the compacy on the 29/3/21 and went off sick with workplace stress on the 22nd/3/22 and have been off since. On contract it says you hav to be employed by them for one year to recieve sick pay in full for 150 days ..... they are now saying I am not entitled to this
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
the answer is?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. It seems you would not have been employed for the entire one year period to be entitled to the contractual sick payment. It appears as though you would be entitled to statutory sick pay. Just on a basic calculation it appears you would be approximately a week from the entire year.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
absolute rubbish
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Noted