Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

In 2018 I asked Norfolk County Council to review my pay

In 2018 I asked Norfolk County Council to review my pay scale as I didn’t think the pay grade reflected the responsibility I had. I sent them a job description/ specification. I was told verbally at work that NCC thought the pay grade was correct. I retired from this job in April and my job is being advertised at 2 pay grades higher than i received. Do I have grounds to pursue a complaint? Thank you
JA: Have you discussed the non-compete agreement with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No, I have asked HR for a copy of the job description I submitted and the response from NCC.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am now retired and no longer belong to a union.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else

A very good day to you there, how do you do?

My name is Solicitor4All a law expert with over 15years practice. I will be helping you today. Thank you for the inquiry.

First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through Please leave the inquiry with me and i will prepare a response for you here this afternoon. Thank you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you I look forward to reading your reply.
Thank you very much for your patience. You should submit your compliant yes and they will have to justify the difference. They may have added responsibility but they will have to show this otherwise you can claim back dated pay if there is no difference in job description and roles.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. We are always glad to assist and clarify if you return for further guidance. All the best