MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117, Advocate
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I left work and to my dismay I was getting no interviews

Customer Question

I left work and to my dismay I was getting no interviews with a joint Economics & Geography degree, Economics being the best subject in finance better than accounting, law it's the top on government department of education. So a friend suggested I do charity walks I did three about 80 miles but his sister in law who worked at a agency I went to failed to say where is your transcript so I could get a job in a week and it was accredited. I have not spoken to the person should I do anything going to all that effort for nothing?
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 17 days ago.
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a practising solicitor with several years experience and I will be assisting you today. Please note that this is a Q and A platform and no lawyer client relationship is created. To clarify you did some charity walks and you would like payment for this?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The man was Gary Manning
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No I walked 80 miles for Charity over 3 marathons up and down hills in Guernsey for nothing. This so called friend new I had no transcript for my degree I could get a job in two weeks with transcript.
Whilst your friend has not been very good to you there does not appear to be any legal recourse for doing the charity walks.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
He said that would improve my CV when it was a load of crap. If a recruitment agency says no one is interested in offering work and not asking for a transcript vis illegal ? Without it it's pure guess work with options and lower pay.
Doing some charity work can often enhance a CV. I am not sure I understand the question relating to the recruitment agent?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
With a transcript of a degree you always get work 100% I did not have it as the university of Portsmouth hadn't sent it out. No one had ever asked for it I found about on the uni website? Why have they never asked for it when it always get sent out?
Did you chase this up with the University?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I made a complaint I worked overseas it held me back they investigated this but didn't vtell me what happened
It is worth chasing up the University, however it is improbable that you could seek any legal recourse against the University.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It's a long time ago even in Australia they didn't ask for it isxit a human trait just to lie and see someone suffer but if the pay is low you could go to court ?
If your pay is under the Nature Minimum Wage you can pursue action on these grounds.