How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MatthewM1117 Your Own Question
MatthewM1117, Advocate
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1406
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
MatthewM1117 is online now

I have not been paid for almost 4 months, I want to ask for

This answer was rated:

I have not been paid for almost 4 months, I want to ask for compensation, what is the percentage I can claim please?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Richmond
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken to the managers and they will now pay me, after chasing for months. But I want to ask for compensation.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, that's all thank you
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a practising solicitor with several years experience and I will be assisting you today. Please note that this is a Q and A platform and no lawyer client relationship is created. There is no legal requirement for the employer to pay compensation, however you can request that the employer pays some compensation for inconvenience caused.
Do you have any follow up questions?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. You have not answer what I asked though… what compensation/percentage could I ask for?

Did the unlawful deduction of wages lead to you missing payments for rent/mortgage, any direct debits etc?

If you then received any late payment penalties you would request that these as compensation from the employer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. I didn’t miss any payments, just, as I have a large overdraft facility but this went further down. I imagine I can request compensation towards these fees?

Yes that would be reasonable to propose to the employer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok. Thank you for your help!

Glad to be off assistance, we wish you all the best going forwards.

MatthewM1117 and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you