MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

My girlfriend in currently in london, and is on tier - 2

Customer Question

Hi my girlfriend in currently in london, and is on tier - 2 visa.
she resigned her job on may 5th 2022, and now in the process of getting offer letter and transition to a new employer.
I wanted to know that what are the deadlines and 60 day rule, before she has to leave the country.
60 days willend on 5th of July 2022, what should we do, as the process of offer letter and changing of the employer tier - 2 is taking time, and we are not sure if we could get it done before 5th of July. please let us know.how long does it take to receive the letter of curtailment ?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Normally, employers inform the Home Office about a resignation 10 days after the date of the resignation. The Home Office then sends out a letter of curtailment either by post or email, or both. This do not have a specific timeframe. However, it is safe for your girlfriend to stay in the UK even beyond the 5th of July as long as she did not receive a letter of curtailment yet. And the 60-day period will only start to run upon receipt of the letter. It will not start to run on the date of resignation.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.